Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cover Attraction

Cover Attraction is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. She says, "I’m a very visual person and love beautiful, or interesting, cover art. It entices, and invites, me to stop and take a peek instead of walking right on by."




This week, my cover attraction is Dream Jungle by Jessica Hagedorn.

Synopsis:

Set in a Philippines of desperate beauty and rank corruption, Dream Jungle feverishly traces the consequences of two seemingly unrelated events: the discovery of an alleged "lost tribe" and the arrival of a celebrity-studded American film crew filming an epic Vietnam War movie. Caught in the turmoil unleashed by these two incidents are four unforgettable characters-a wealthy, iconoclastic playboy, a woman ensnared in the sex industry, a Filipino-American writer, and a jaded actor-who find themselves drawn irrevocably together in this lavish, sensual portrait of a nation in crisis.

Why I like it:

It really looks like a dream. And I can't help but wonder what the beautiful young girl is running from - or hiding from.

This edition of Dream Jungle was published in 2004.

4 comments:

Amy @ My Friend Amy said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic....is the lost tribe the Tasaday? (they were a scam--interesting, though)

Zibilee said...

This book seems to have all the elements that I love in a story. I really like the cover as well. Good choice. Running away to look this one up right now!

Elizabeth said...

Amy - I'm not sure it's a REAL lost tribe - but might be based on that situation.

Zibilee - glad to add to your pile! =)

Marcia said...

Thank you for posting a Cover Attraction this week. Another book for my wish list. Very intriguing cover.