Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"My own hand, I confess, has begun to wobble; not entirely because of its theme, but because I have noticed a thin crack, like a hair, appearing in my wrist, beneath the skin.....No matter. We all owe death a life."

(Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie, page 37.)

( I have to admit this is the second time I've tried to read this book - we'll see...)

5 comments:

J.S. Peyton said...

Well, the teaser sounds pretty nice at least. I've never read any Rushdie novels, though a couple are on my long TBR list.

Literary Feline said...

I like the imagery in that teaser. I've been wanting to read something by Rushdie, but I'm not sure where to start.

Beth F said...

Oooh. That's some teaser. I have never read Rushdie, maybe this is the one.

Zibilee said...

Ooh! I loved this book! I can't say that I "got" all of it, but I did love it.

Elizabeth said...

j.s. - so far, it's the only Rushdie I've ever read. There were parts I liked, but it was a tough read.

Literary Feline - Well, I'm not really an expert, but I'll tell you this was a challenge.

Beth - It's definitely an experience.

Zibilee - I'm not sure I "got" any of it, which was part of my problem. Sometimes I'm not the smartest reader in the crowd!