Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Tunes



Thursday Tunes is a weekly event hosted by S. Krishna, devoted to sharing the music we love.

Music is an integral part of my life. Around my house, driving in the car, cleaning, relaxing, reading - I almost always have music of some sort playing. My tastes are very eclectic - combined with my husband's, I'm pretty sure we cover every genre out there.

S. Krishna usually features a new artist each week - just to be different, I'm going to focus on a specific song, because it's the song that hooks me. There are very few artists whose entire body of work is in my MP3 player, but I have thousands of songs I love.

My mom suggested I start out with songs I picked for my wedding - of course, I always do exactly what my mom says. (right, mom??)

This is the Largo, from Xerxes, by George Fredric Handel. I used it as I walked down the aisle. I've always thought it was one of the most beautiful pieces ever written. Also, it's a perfect tempo to get down the aisle - slow, but not pokey. =)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

mar10123 said...

and . . . it was my contest solo in 11th grade. Yes, you ALWAYS do what your Mom says! *snort*

mar10123 said...

and I wish you ALL could have seen her as she came down the aisle! (Not to mention Jeremy's face as he watched her!) Mama was a little soggy . . .

Elizabeth said...

You played this on the trombone? Or a vocal solo?

And I think I'm getting better at doing what I'm told...=)