Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cheesy Does It

I'm pretty sure I promised some pictures of the fun wine & food event I went to a couple of weeks ago - it was called Cheesy Does It, and it was yummy!






Here is the first half of our menu - as you can see, we started with Asiago Fondue, and then followed with Crawfish Macaroni and Cheese. Yum.










The second portion of our menu included a gourmet grilled cheese sandwhich - 6 layers of cheese! - and then finished up with Blue three ways.







This is the Blue Three Ways - a fig stuffed with blue cheese, a salmon and blue cheese stuffed mushroom, and a pear and blue cheese tart.
This course made me seriously reevaluate my aversion to salmon.














This is the Crawfish Mac and Cheese. It was supposed to be lobster, but the lobster didn't make it. I'm not sure the lobster would have been better - this is totally my new favorite food. I think I might actually be able to eat an entire gallon.









Our hosts - Tim (with the glasses) is the wine guy, and Darin is the chef. This is a fairly new business, so they don't have a lot of capitol built up yet. Because of this, Tim doesn't get to taste any of the food first - he just does his wine pairings "in theory". So far, I'd have to say he is a wine genius! And, of course, Darin is brilliant, too.












My friends, Lisa, Nikki, and Heather. Very happy!









Here's what I've learned from the food and wine events I've been to:

1 - It is very hard to photograph cheese.
2 - Apparently, all wines from Argentina are yummy.
3 - When someone tells me what the wine is supposed to taste like, that's what it tastes like!
4 - I sure hope they have more of these!!!

6 comments:

Molly said...

sounds like a deliciously fun event!

bermudaonion said...

Boy does that look good! I bet that was a fun evening.

Violet said...

It does look like you had fun.

And the food looks yummy...

TexasRed said...

This sounds like an excellent dinner. Maybe I'll try just living on food and wine here!

Alyce said...

I'm not a big fan of blue cheese, but I love crawfish. That mac-n-cheese looks yummy!

Elizabeth said...

Molly - it was great! I'm so glad I have friends to invite me to things like this.

bermuda - it was wonderful! and a whole lot of fun.

Violet - Oh, the food was so good!!

TexasRed - I've thought about trying that - let me know if it works for you. =)

Alyce - the mac and cheese was divine. I was not kidding when I said I think I could have eaten an entire gallon.