Monday, April 20, 2009

Spreading the Love

For those of you keeping track, yes, this week I was scheduled to host another installment of By the Chapter with Marcia. However, we decided to take this week off - we were both so affected by The Cellist of Sarajevo last week that we were afraid this week's discussion might not be as good as we'd like. No worries, I'll be back hosting with her in May. =)

Today, I'd like to spread a little of the love that has been sent my way lately. I've been given two awards by a couple of great bloggers, and I wanted to share them with you.

First, from the fabulous Aerin at In Search of Giants, I received the Let's Be Friends Award:

Blogs that received the Let's Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers.




And then from the lovely Aliison at Allison's Attic, I received the One Lovely Blog Award:



This award which is given to new blogs and blogging friends.



1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.



So in honor of the wonderful Read-A-Thon that just took place over the weekend, I'm going to pass this on to some of the wonderful blogs I found while cheerleading for the Readers on Saturday.

Alaine's Reading Blog

Books Love Jessica Marie
Coffeespoons
Melissa's Bookshelf
Reading Room
Valentina's Room
Biblioaddict
Books and so many more books
Dear Me
Jehara
Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic
the bookworm
The Brain Lair


If you didn't get a chance to stop by these blogs - or weren't able to participate in the Read-A-Thon - you should check them out!

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on the awards, Elizabeth! You deserve them.

valentina said...

Oh I feel honoured to be among these!
thank you so much, you were a great cheerleader!

Teddyree said...

congrats on your well deserved awards

mar10123 said...

Love your "new" profile photo - of course!

fantaghiro23 said...

Hey, thanks so much for the award.:) I'm glad I discovered your blog, too!

J.S. Peyton said...

Thank you so much for this award! One of the things I liked most about the readathon was the chance to discover new blogs like yours. I'm a regular reader now! = )

Melissa O. said...

Congrats on the awards, they're well-deserved...And thank you so much for mine! :-)

♔ jessica.marie said...

Thank You!<3

I have also given you an award! :D

Alaine said...

Congratulations on the awards Elizabeth and thank you so much for passing these awards on to me.

myza said...

Thanks so much for the award! You have a great blog!!

soleil said...

thank you so much for the award!
the readathon was so much fun and you were an awesome cheerleader. :)

p.s. sorry i'm a bit late.