Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Read-A-Thon!!


I'm sure most of you know this, but there is a Read-A-Thon going on this weekend! What's a Read-A-Thon, you ask? Well, in the book blogging world, it's a 24-hour period of time that bloggers set aside to do nothing but read. Sound like heaven??

The Read-A-Thon was started by a beloved blogger named Dewey. When she passed away, several other bloggers decided to keep it going in her honor. You can read about the history of the Read-A-Thon here.

Last October, I really wanted to participate, but had too much going on. So this time, I'm in!! However, I am not going to be a reader - honestly, my body shuts down at 10 pm whether I'm ready to sleep or not, so staying up for a full 24 hours just isn't in the cards for me. BUT, I am going to be a cheerleader - YAY! And, I am going to host a FUN mini-challenge, WITH PRIZES!

If you would like to participate in the Read-A-Thon, but haven't signed up yet, you can find all the details here. I'm very excited - it's going to be a great day!