Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday Tunes


Thursday Tunes is a weekly event hosted by S. Krishna, devoted to sharing the music we love.

S. Krishna usually features a new artist each week - just to be different, I'm going to focus on a specific song, because it's the song that hooks me. There are very few artists whose entire body of work is in my MP3 player, but I have thousands of songs I love.


A couple of weeks ago, I asked you to pray for a little girl named Kate. Her mom and I went to school together, and a couple of weeks ago a tumor was discovered in her brain. Since then, she's undergone brain surgery and therapy, and is getting ready to start chemotherapy. Recently, doctors discovered a growth on her brother's vocal chords, which will also require surgery. Overwhelming doesn't really begin to describe what this family has gone through lately. They would dearly love any prayers, good vibes, healthy thoughts, etc. that you have time to send up for them.

The first video is a song written for Kate by Nashville artist Audrey Assad - and can I say, someone needs to give this girl a recording contract. I love her voice! The second video is A Day in the Life of Kate, a little glimpse of what days at the hospital are like for this sweet little girl.





3 comments:

Cath said...

Oh, that song is so beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with Kate and her family.

Teddyree said...

My heart goes out to Kate and her family, thinking of both children & sending strength, love & supportive thoughts this family's way!

mar10123 said...

Breaks my heart that Holly and her family have to go through this deep, deep valley. I saw Carrie just last week and got a few more details.