Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
    Let the book fall open to a random page.
    Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
    You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given
    !
    Please avoid spoilers!

"I imagined the sea expanding and contracting as I breathed, a giant presence from which I could never escape. This was what it was like to live in the shadow of ocean. It was the same as the shadow of loss. It would never rest."

(Canvey Island by James Runcie, page 68)

For more teasers, visit MizB at ShouldBeReading.

15 comments:

Mo said...

I've never heard of this book, or its author, but the prose is wonderful; Hope you're enjoying it.

Have a great week ahead!

Lisa said...

An interesting teaser, especially since I am also reading a book about loss. My teaser is here.

CeeCee said...

Great teaser. I see the narrator consumed by loss.

Kaye said...

Wow, that really gives a visual image. I like it!


Here is mine

Anonymous said...

It sounds so sad, I hope things get better for the narrator.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful teaser. Makes me want to read the book :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written teaser.

Books Fall Open said...

That's a beautiful teaser. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Such poignancy in so few words; honestly, I had to check to see that it didn't come from 'Astrid and Veronika' it so closely resembles a scene from that book.

Sounds like a rich and rewarding read...

ღ Füchter ♥¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨♥ღ said...

this is so interesting! i´ll do with the book that i´m currently reading :)

loved your blog, can i add it to my fav?

xoxo

Amy said...

nice. :)
I like the similie.
-amy

Nise' said...

Great teaser. Hope you are enjoying the book.

Wendi said...

Sounds interesting!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Heart-breaking teaser.

Melissa O. said...

What a great teaser--beautiful!