Monday, November 3, 2008

Mailbox Monday



Welcome again to Mailbox Monday, hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. (she has her own domain now, so make sure you update your links!) Here's what found its way into my mailbox this week:








Reading Dance: A Gathering of Memoirs, Reportage, Criticism, Profiles, Interviews, and some Uncatagorizable Extras by Robert Gottlieb - I've been fascinated with dance for some time, even though I never did it as a kid, so I jumped at the chance to review this book. Of course, it is 1200+ pages, so it might take me a little while.

Searching for a Better God by Wade Bradshaw - because I'm a sucker for an interesting sounding theology book.

Down to a Sunless Sea by Matthias B. Freese
- a book of short stories kindly sent to me by the author - thanks!

Real Magic by Bryan A. Fowler - a paranormal romance, also sent to my by the author - thanks!




Kosher by Design Lightens Up: Fabulous Food for a Healthier Lifestyle by Susie Fishbein
- I'm honestly not sure why this book was sent my way, but it looks yummy!

Too Fat to Fish by Artie Lange
- so honestly, this one is for my husband. Artie Lange is one of his favorite comedians, and it's not too often I get to use my publishing world "connections" to get something HE is actually interested in, so it was fun to be able to get this book for him.

What fabulous reads made their way to your house this week? Join Marcia, me, and the rest of the gang at Mailbox Monday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Kosher By Design Lightens Up, too. I tried a recipe in it yesterday and it was easy and delicious.

Wendi said...

Kosher by Design certainly looks good! Arty Lang is a favorite of my husband too :)

Here's my Mailbox!

I'm giving away 10+ books to 4+ winners! To enter
click here!


:) Wendi

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I also received Down To A Sunless Sea, I've gotten about 1/3 through. I love your photos and it's awesome that you snagged a book for your hub! Hope you enjoy all your reads :)

Anna said...

I've also received Down to a Sunless Sea. I hope to start it soon. Looking forward to your reviews.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Elizabeth to "Real Magic". I sincerely hope you enjoy reading my novel and if you do, I would be happy to expand upon anything you have a question about.

Brian A. Fowler

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. No historical fiction ~ I'm shocked! :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the way you're showing your books on the Mailbox Monday post - very personal with the photos.

Enjoy your new books!