Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scrumptious Sunday

When I found this weekly meme, I knew I would have to participate - seriously, who doesn't want a little mealtime inspiration? And also, the word scrumptious just is not used nearly as much as it should be any more. It's a great word. So here goes my first Scrumptious Sunday, hosted by Mercedes Rocks:

Sunday, August 31, 2008
Theme: Frozen Treats

This is a weekly meme for Sundays. A theme is given each week. You can include a list of the foods, original pictures, pictures you find, stories, how-to’s, recipes…Participants can also add what kind of scrumptious dinner they had on that/or previous Sunday. Please link to this site (this post) in your post and come back here and leave a comment that includes the link to your post so other participants can come visit your Scrumptious Sunday. Thanks.



Of course, since my husband manages the Dairy Queen, frozen treats are popular at my house. The Peanut Buster Parfait is one my my favorites - just such a classic bit of frozen goodness. Recently, I also enjoyed the Thin Mints Blizzard - I'm not usually a Thin Mint fan during Girl Scout Cookie time, but crunched up in a blizzard, it was a winner.


I think this is my favorite ADULT frozen treat:
Not Your Kids' Root Beer Float
Submitted by: Ssharp
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 3 members
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 5 Minutes
Yields: 1 servings
"A slushy sweet root beer treat. Very decadent and VERY good!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup root beer
1/2 cup root beer schnapps
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a pint glass, stir together 1/4 cup of the root beer and the root beer schnapps. Place in the freezer for 2 hours, or until ready to drink. Leave the remaining root beer at room temperature.
2. When ready to drink, scoop the ice cream into the pint glass, and top off with the room temperature root beer.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecip


Yummy, Yummy goodness. It's like dessert with a kick. What's your favorite frozen treat? We need to hurry, since summer is almost over and we don't have much time to enjoy them before the weather starts working against us....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a Dairy Queen?! :)
This is the first time I saw this Sunday meme.. and I didn't participate, but just visited your page through there.
I thought you did a great job. So cute how you added the adult root beer float, and recipe too! It sounds really good!!!
I love the peanut buster parfaits.. only without nuts. My husband hates ordering it like that for me though, so if he goes, I have to stick with a caramel sundae.

Mercedes said...

Welcome to Scrumptious Sunday! Glad to have ya! Participation is down these last few weeks-including me not posting either-oopsie!

I love the Peanut Buster Parfait! I order it with ice cream going in first...I always need a little bit of ice cream after eating that last layer of fudge and nuts-lol. Yummy!

I love Root Beer too-this sounds so refreshing!

Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week!

Mere