Sunday, August 9, 2009

TSS - What I Did on my Summer Vacation

Ate - a lot! Lots of wonderful food, prepared by lots of family members. Even sushi!








































Ancestor Tour - spent time with my Grandpa, and later my Dad, visiting the places my ancestors grew up, and where they are now buried.


























Sang - any time someone asks where my musical talents come from, I cite my family. This is what we do when we get together - Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all singing together.






Babysat - for the cutest little niece on the planet! She discovered sand for the first time, and likes it.






























Bought books!! Notice I didn't say READ books - I was too busy! But all in all, my family bought 30+ books this week - this is my cousin, Mark, with his haul. "We are a reading family."























It was a very busy, very fun week - I love my family! I already can't wait for next year!!

6 comments:

Serena said...

What a busy and fun week.

Kristen said...

Sounds like you all need to pack an extra suitcase just to get the books home from vacation. I am the same way!

jlshall said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week. And isn't it great to come from a reading family?

bermudaonion said...

What a fabulous family vacation! Thanks for sharing the pictures and video with us.

Luanne said...

Elizabeth - thanks for sharing your pics - looks like a great vacation!

Zibilee said...

Looks like you had a nice and relaxing trip, and the sushi looks fantastic! I love the fact that your whole family shares the love of reading. Mine does too.