Monday, August 17, 2009

BBAW meme


We are just about 1 month away from Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2009. YAY!

If you haven't nominated your favorite blog for consideration - too late! Nominations closed Saturday. Right now, blogs are being alerted to the fact that they have been nominated, and are being asked to supply specific information for consideration by the panel. Soon, the panels will have selected their shortlist, and it will be time for YOU to participate once again - by voting for the winners of Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2009.

To get us into the spirit, BBAW has a meme for those who participated last year, as well as questions for those who didn't get to participate. I was aware of the event last year, but unexpected outside forces kept me from really participating, so I'm going to answer the newbie questions.

1 - What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?

It has been such a pleasure meeting so many wonderful bloggers and authors - I can't believe how kind and generous everyone has been. It's also been a lot of fun being able to share my opinions on what I'm reading, and getting such thoughtful feedback from so many people. I still can't believe there is anyone who actually read this! (Except my mom - Mom, I know you read me every day, and I love you for it!)

2 - What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?

Beth Fish Reads and Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? helped my early on with some wonderful, practical HTML advice, as well as a tutorial on how to make those nifty little buttons everyone uses.

Literary Feline, My Friend Amy, and Medieval Bookworm were some of the first bloggers to comment on my blog - and stop back regularly - making me feel like I was really a part of the community.

Tripping Toward Lucidity was what made me want to start my own blog in the first place - I've been reading Andi since long before I had a blog of my own, and even though I'll probably never be as cool as she is, I felt like I wanted to try this blogging thing out thanks to her.

3 - What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?

Am I going to have to quit my job to keep up with all the new blogs I'm going to discover?? =)

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The answer to your question is yes! LOL

Meghan said...

I'm just going to agree with Kathy - I think there are over 900 blogs this time! It's overwhelming. I discover more every day, I can't imagine how many I'll discover during BBAW!

Aarti said...

I feel the same way about people reading my blog! It always makes my day when people comment on it- especially people who comment so quickly after I post, which makes me feel really special :-)

I nominated your 451 Fridays for an award- hope you get notified soon!

Beth F said...

Oh wow! I'm so happy that I was able to help you! Thanks for mentioning me.

I am also worried about finding time to keep up with the new bloggers I know I'm going to discover!

Ana S. said...

lol, I hear you about that last question :P Part of me still can't believe anyone will read my blabbing either. I love how encouraging and supportive this community is.

litlove said...

Hi Elizabeth - just to say I emailed you earlier and hope you received it okay. If there's been any difficulty, my email is vjlb100 at cam dot ac dot uk.

This is such an exciting event! I'm looking forward to finding out about a lot more blogs through it. I've been blogging for three years now and wouldn't be without it for the world.

Jenners said...

Arrghhh..I have to do this and soon!!! And I wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for a category ... I hope you win! : )