Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday Tunes

Thursday Tunes is a weekly event hosted by S. Krishna, devoted to sharing the music we love.

S. Krishna usually features a new artist each week - just to be different, I'm going to focus on a specific song, because it's the song that hooks me. There are very few artists whose entire body of work is in my MP3 player, but I have thousands of songs I love.


I mentioned last week that I come from a very musical family. Three of my cousins have participated in the Land of Lakes Choirboys, a chorus program that trains boys starting at a very young age, teaching them not only music, but manners, respect, honesty, social skills, etc. It's a very cool thing. This video is from one of their summer tours - I'm not sure if this is the particular choir that my cousin Isaac is currently a member of (that could be him with the very blonde hair directly to the left of the accompanist), but you get the general idea. They're pretty good!


1 comment:

Buy Soma said...

I too come from a very musical family. It's a good way to make money during Christmas. My brothers and sisters all used to perform for our family and guest and they give us tips for being such performers. Now, if we only had Youtube back then, we could have been internet stars.. LOL