Saturday, October 31, 2009

Unlock Worlds Banned Books Challenge


From the challenge post:

The top 100 challenged books in the 90s are listed here. I thought it would be fun if we could compile reviews for these books. So if you've reviewed one of the books from the list, leave your link in the comments section of the post that includes the book you reviewed. If you haven't, go out, read a book, review it, and come back.

If possible, try to review books others haven't already. It would be great if we could have at least one review for everyone on the list! If you want to read a challenged or banned book that isn't on the list, feel free. Just leave your link in the comments section of the Other Banned Books post.


Here's my list:

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
The Giver by Lois Lowry
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
Tiger Eye by Judy Blume
Jumper by Steven Gould
Earth's Children (series) by Jean M. Auel


I'll start with those and see what happens. Interesting how many of the books on this list overlap with the books on the Shelf Discovery list - wonder what that says??

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I'm so late making this post. I thought I had already done it! :)

That is an awesome list of books. I'm glad you are joining the challenge.