Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And this is the post where I admit my laziness to the world...


Today's question is about tags- do you tag? How do you tag? How do you feel about tagging- do you think it would be better to have standardized tags, like libraries have standardized subject headings, or do you like the individualized nature of tagging? What are your top 5 tags and what do they say about your collection or your reading habits?


I BARELY tag. I look at other member's libraries, with all their beautiful, informative tags, and think, "Gee, why don't I do that?" Well, dear reader, here's the answer - I am a lazy, lazy girl. I was not really aware of tags on the day that I entered my initial 900+ books into the library in an exhausting day long marathon, and I'm just too dang lazy to go back and start again. I have a few token categories - nonfiction, sci-fi/fantasy, read, ARC - and I occasionally remember to add something when I add a new book, but I am afraid this is a feature of LT that I will never really put to good use. Seriously, shouldn't I be reading a book instead anyway?? =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, once Power tagging starts working again, you may find it easier. You can tag I think up to 100 books at one time which comes in handy when you have a ton :) Going through book by book though to tag can be a pain!

Marie Cloutier said...

lol :-) 900 books! i don't blame you!

Anonymous said...

Thank God I've found you! I've been hiding in a corner since this question was posted thinking I'm the only loser who doesn't use tags. 4 tags for 70 books out of over 1000 -- pitiful :( Clearly, I'm not a librarian. It's nice to know there's a kindred spirit out there.

Amy said...

I only started tagging (really, I'm just super lazy) when I heard it might score me some free books from the ER program. And lo and behold,I did indeed (theoretically it hasn't shown up yet) snag a book the next batch. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for that - I love my tags, but I think if I hadn't really put any in when I entered the 900 I started out with, I don't think I'd ever go back!

Amy said...

I just noticed you have my most favorite CS Lewis quote on your blog...I really love that quote.

Elizabeth said...

kbooks - I have no idea what power tagging is, but since it sounds like a superpower I will have to try it!

marie - I seriously just can't even think about it.

karen - hooray for kindred spirits! Tuesday Thingers was starting to feel like true confessions - I am so glad I'm not alone!

amy - is tagging supposed to help? man, that will blow my whole theory. and I love the C.S. Lewis quote too - I want to have it framed and hung on my wall.

meghan - I think I would probably love it if I did it, but the thought just gives me a headache. =)

Amy said...

you've been tagged! (it's revenge. ;))
http://www.myfriendamysblog.com/2008/06/me-weirdo.html