Thursday, January 26, 2017

The State of the Stack - 1/26/17

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake -


Picked this one up because of ALLLLLL the hype, and because YA fiction with strong female protagonists always sounds good to me. So far, so good.
















Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman who Feels Like She Is both Too Much and Never Enough by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan

Catching up on this for an online book club - honestly, what woman doesn't feel Too Much and Not Enough at some point in her life? Interesting so far.













Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah

My current audiobook, this was gifted to me by a friend. Read by the author, Trevor Noah is someone I don't know a lot about, but this book is making me more and more curious. Very good so far.

















Upstream: Essays by Mary Oliver

I've read Oliver's poems, but never her essays, so this seemed like a good time to start.
















What's on your nightstand? Have you read any of these?


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Born a Crime sounds really good to me. I'm reading Jaycee Dugard's first memoir - it's gut wrenching.

Kristen M. said...

I need to put in a hold on Born a Crime. I've heard so many good things and right now I'm finding that audiobooks are able to hold my attention more than paper books. My nightstand, on the other hand, is overflowing with bookmarked books that I've abandoned.