Thursday, March 17, 2016

March Magics - day 7



Today's prompt -

Favorite Bad Covers
Fantasy book covers can sometimes be, well, interesting. Share your favorite bad DWJ or Pratchett covers!


So I'm gonna be honest - I got started looking for bad covers, and found some that I really liked instead. So I'm changing this to be my actual, favorite covers - ones that I would LOVE to find on my own shelves.

These HarperCollins covers from 2008 are gorgeous -

























And these covers from Gollancz publishing - wow. Simply beautiful. Sadly, they were apparently not ever available in North America, so getting my hands on one of these would probably break the book buying budget!




























So, my apologies for changing the question, but I couldn't help but showcase these beauties. I can't wait to see what bad covers the rest of you have found!!


3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'd rather look at pretty covers!

Kristen M. said...

The Gollancz covers are beautiful. I've thought about looking for them on discount since I haven't started collecting Discworld books yet. The DWJs are my favorite but, of course, they would be duplicates of books I already have and so it's harder to justify paying for those!

Jenny @ Reading the End said...

I love those covers of the Chrestomanci books! I am sentimentally fond of the covers I have for the Chrestomanci books, from the late 1990s, but they of course don't match my copies of The Pinhoe Egg or Conrad's Fate, which came out later. :/