Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Shorts

The Vampire Diaries: The Fury by L.J. Smith
published 1992
308 pages

Synopsis from publisher -
Love can kill

Elena: with Damon at her side, and wild with her craving for blood, the changed Elena struggles to control her desires.

Damon: his hunger for the golden girl wars with his hunger for revenge against Stefan.

Stefan: tormented after losing Elena, he will do anything to get her back. Even if it means becoming what he once despised. . . .

Getting what they want may come at a deadly cost.


My thoughts -

Well, it certainly doesn't get LESS cheesy, but it was a satisfying wrap-up to this guilty pleasure series. I did enjoy the campy drama, and can't help but think Elena is a far better role model for teen girls than Bella Swan. I don't know that I am interested enough to pursue the next trilogy in this series, but I certainly had fun with this one.


Finished - 10/7/13
Source - South side library
MPAA Rating - R for violence and adult themes
My rating - 7/10





No comments: