Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Month in Movies


Here's what I've been watching this month:

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) - This is one of my favorite books from the series, and I found the movie to be just as delightful. Reepicheep always makes me cry!

Love and Other Drugs (2010) - The love story part of this movie really didn't intrigue me that much, probably because it was fairly predictable, and also because I am physically unable to think of Jake Gyllenhaal as a romantic lead. The storyline about him as a drug rep, however, I found very entertaining.

The Social Network (2010) - So the story of a guy who was basically a complete jerk to everyone around him, most especially his one and only friend, and managed to take this jerkiness and stumble upon a billion-dollar idea is the best story of the year according to the Oscar voters? Mostly I just felt irritated.

Never Let Me Go (2010) - This is an excellent adaptation of an excellent novel. Not 100% true to the original material, but the spirit is definitely the same, and I found it to be just as heartbreaking. Be a little bit patient- it's worth it in the end.



I've also been watching:

Game of Thrones - okay, fine, I'll read the books.

Glee - I realize this might make me a pariah, but I am SOO over the Rachel/Finn thing.

Camelot - Oh, Morgan, you just can't help yourself, can you?

The Voice - This is the talent American Idol wishes it would have been getting for it's past few seasons. Also, I want Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert to be my neighbors.


Next up in my Netflix queue:

Hereafter
127 Hours
The Town

6 comments:

Zibilee said...

I loved Never Let Me Go, and cried so hard at the end. I also loved The Town, and am wondering what you will think about it. I love Affleck, and he did a great job in this one. Enjoy your movies!

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

I loved Chronicles of Narnia and I want to see Never Let Me Go. And I love the Voice, I agree, it's what American Ido should aspire to. Those contestants can really sing and the judges are helpful and you can see their attachment to each singer they are coaching. I hated when Frenchie was voted off, but she was getting some crappy songs, I like Beverly too, but I'm glad the winner was the best choice.

bermudaonion said...

I enjoyed The Social Network more than you did, but didn't think it was the best movie of the year. I really want to see Never Let Me Go.

Violet said...

I loved social network more than you did but I have more or less the same opinion on Love and other drugs as you do. I was molyst bored by it.

LeahV said...

Do you watch Mad Men? It's my latest (video) obsession.

Elizabeth said...

Zibilee - Ben Affleck is hit or miss for me, so I am interested to see how I like that one.

Lena - I really liked The Voice! It was refreshing to see people with actual talent on a talent show.

bermuda - You should watch it!!!

Violet - it just seemed like I already knew exactly where it was going - I hate it when movies do that.

Leah - I haven't watched Mad Men, but it's on my list of shows I want to start. I've heard so much good stuff about it!