Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baby Sam


Look at that sweet little face. I'd like to introduce you to Samuel David Owens, who will be making his entrance into the world next Tuesday. Normally, this would be a joyful announcement, but for Sam's parents, this will be a very scary day.

You see, Sam has a big brother, Matthew, who was born with a very severe heart defect. Matthew is 9 years old, and has already had 8 open heart surgeries. If you are a parent, you can understand just how difficult this has been for Matt's mom and dad.




Here is Matthew (on the right) with his brother, Parker, and sister, Emma Grace. Matt is doing well now, but will always have health issues because of his fragile heart.


When Matt's parents found out they were going to have another baby, they were happy, but that happiness quickly turned into devastation - their precious, unborn baby has an even more severe heart defect that Matthew. You can read the details on his website. On Friday, Baby Sam's parents found out that he would need to be born on Tuesday - more than 1 month before his due date.

I went to high school with Sam's mom and dad, and cannot express how much I hurt for them. Joy and Kurt are, truly, shaken to their very core - please, if you have a moment, send up a prayer, a bright thought, a silent wish - if you can, pray for Baby Sam.



"Broken hearts become brand new - that's what faith can do."


5 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Thanks for sharing. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Kailana said...

How devastating! A birth is supposed to be a happy time...

Unknown said...

Good friends like you will help them through this difficult time. I will be thinking of Sam on Tuesday.

Melissa said...

I will keep them and Sam in my prayers!

Zibilee said...

I am so sorry to hear that your friend's family is suffering in this way. I will be saying a prayer for all of them. Thanks for letting us know about this, and please keep us updated.