Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas, friends

Credo at Christmas


At Christmas time, I believe the things that children do.

I believe with English children that holly placed in our windows will protect our homes from evil.

I believe with Swiss children that the touch of edelweiss will charm a person with love.

I believe with Italian children that La Befana is not an ugly doll but a good fairy who will gladden the hearts of all.

I believe with Greek children that coins concealed in freshly baked loaves of bread will bring good luck to anyone who finds them.

I believe with German children that the sight of a Christmas tree will lessen hostility among adults.

I believe with French children that lentils soaked and planted in a bowl will rekindle life in people who have lost hope.

I believe with Dutch children that the horse Sleipner will fly through the sky and fill the earth with joy.

I believe with Swedish children that Jultomte will come and deliver gifts to the poor as well as the rich.

I believe with Finnish children that parties held on St. Stephen's Day will erase sorrow.

I believe with Danish children that the music of a band playing from a church tower will strengthen humankind.

I believe with Bulgarian children that sparks from a Christmas log will create warmth in human souls.

I believe with American children that the sending of Christmas cards will strengthen friendships.

I believe with all children that there will be peace on earth.

- Daniel Roselle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Michele said...

That is a lovely post....Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anna said...

Hope you had a great Christmas!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric