Friday, May 30, 2008

Let's talk about sex, baby...

Review - Instant Orgasm by Steve Bodansky and Vera Bodansky

Steve and Vera Bodansky offer a crash course in preparing for pleasure. They encourage readers to find out what feels good to them, and then communicate that to their partner. They also instruct readers to make "connections" between their pleasure areas and a secondary body part, which can increase sensitivity during sexual encounters. They give specific, explicit instructions, complete with illustrations, on techniques to create and intensify the orgasmic response.

I had a mixed reaction to this book. I think the authors offered some interesting and useful information, presented in a clear, easy to understand manner. However, I found myself put off by the style of writing the authors chose. Their switches from technical, medical terminology to slang for female genitals felt awkward, and their attempts at humor often fell flat. I think the authors tried to write in an informal, conversational style. This did not work for me, but I understand it might appeal to a larger audience. I did not find this a book I would choose to keep in my collection, but because it has so much good information, can see that it could be helpful to other readers.

Finished: 5/30/08
Rating: 4/10
Source: Hunter House Publishing review copy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, I'm blushing ...

Hope you don't mind, but I've tagged you for the Six Random Things about Myself meme. Have fun!