Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....



Yes, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but we have to get ready!! Last year, JoAnna helped us decorate the tree - I bet this year she'll be trying to pull it down! =)


Here are a couple of fun events in the book-blog-o-sphere to get you in the mood:






How about a Progressive Dinner? A party you don't even have to clean your house for! Here's what Amy says about this fun event:


The holidays are for celebrating and what better way to celebrate than with food? Unfortunately, we all live so far apart that we can't get together but that shouldn't stop us from celebrating in style! So Nicole, Julie, and I put our heads together and came up with the Progressive Dinner Idea!

Here's your Invitation:

Who: You, of course, silly! And all the other fab bloggers who want to join in.

What: A Virtual Progressive Dinner (in which each blog hosts one part of the meal)

When: December 7-11

Where: The hub will be at the Book Blog Social Club

Why: Because we are party animals! Hopefully the fabulous recipes and ideas for entertainment and decoration will give you everything you need for the holiday season.


Sign-up and details can be found at any of the blogs listed above - how fun!!





And of course, have you signed up for the Book Blogger Holiday Swap yet? Why not?? Here's what it is about:

The holiday swap is a way for book bloggers to connect and celebrate the holiday spirit by sharing gifts. It’s done secret Santa style; all of the participants are randomly assigned a blogger to send a gift to, and these assignments are kept secret until the gift has been delivered. So no one knows who their gift is coming from!

You can sign up at the Book Blogger Holiday Swap website - why not join us? The Deadline is November 12, so hurry hurry! You might get a gift from ME, and I already have some fun ideas.....




If you seen any more fun, holiday -centric events floating around, let me know! I am ready for the holiday spirit!!

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I've signed up for both and I'm not sure which one I'm the most excited about.

Stephanie said...

Joanna is so beautiful!

Jenners said...

Yep ... the tree is in trouble this year!

Susan Berlien said...

I'm getting so excited for Christmas too!

Cath said...

I know we are kindred spirits, because of our love of boarding school books, but now I know it's because we get excited about Christmas in November, too. I <3 you, blogosphere friend.

Zibilee said...

So excited about the gift exchange! I am really looking forward to it!

Serena said...

I'll be doing the holiday swap. I can't believe that the holidays are here...this year went by quickly.