Saturday, April 18, 2009

Winners!!!


FINAL UPDATE - All prizes have been claimed - phew!



WINNERS UPDATE #2 -

Apparently, I keep randomly choosing people who have already won prizes! MandaNikole has passed her prize on to someone else, also - I'm gonna keep choosing random people until someone decides to take me up on it! I'll let you know when I find a winner....,


WINNERS UPDATE:

First place winner Lily, in the spirit of community that the Read-A-Thon is all about, has asked to pass her prize along to another participant. So, I did another random drawing, and the new winner is: MandaNikole of Literary Mumblings. Congratulations! =)



First of all, thanks so much to everyone who participated! I will be donating $2.50 for each participant to Reach Out and Read, so that adds up to a grand total of $55!! YAY!

Now down to business -I know this is what everyone has been waiting for - the winners of my Great First Lines mini-challenge!

The first place winner is: Lily from Related Reading, who got all 20 correct at 3:11 pm.

The second place winner is: ferrywoman, who got all 20 correct at 3:14 pm.

and then I tossed everyone else's name in a hat and drew one random winner who is: Becky from Becky's Book Reviews, who got 14 correct.

Congratulations everyone!

Here is the list of books you can choose from. There are all gently used, but still in good condition. As first place winner, gets first choice, and gets second choice, so winners please send me a list of your top 3 titles. If there is nothing on the list that catches your eye, let me know and I will get you a gift certificate to either Amazon or Powell's (your choice).


The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner
Twenty Questions by Alison Clement
Incantation by Alice Hoffman
The Labrador Pact by Matt Haig
Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
The Folded World by Amity Gage
Obedience by Will Lavender
The Line of Beauty by Alan Holinghurst
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall
What Happened to Anna K by Irina Reyn
Dream Jungle by Jessica Hagedorn


Thanks so much for playing! Hope the rest of your Read-a-Thon is great!

10 comments:

Melissa O. said...

Congrats to the winners!

Elizabeth, so nice of you to host a challenge for the readers!! :-)

Happy Read-a-thon day!

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations to the winners! You contribution to Reach Out and Read is fantastic!

Lily said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks again for the challenge. I've sent you an email about my prize. I hope you don't mind what I requested! :)

Thanks,
Lily

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Thanks so much for cheering us on! :) Are you reading too??

Care said...

Fantabulous! happy read-a-thon!

J.S. Peyton said...

Congrats to all of the winners! There's nothing like a free book to cheer up lagging/tired spirits! = )

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your words of encouragement are very appreciated. =D

Sandra said...

Thank you so much for cheering me on with your comments on my read-a-thon updates. I appreciate it.

Care said...

congrats to the winners!!

Allison said...

Congrats to all!! But guess what..you've gotten an award!! Go here to see it!!

http://allisonsatticblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/awards.html

Kim said...

Elizabeth-just stopping by to say thanks for all your cheery comments to me today. They are much appreciated--and your mini-challenge was great, I just stink at that sort of thing.
*smiles*
Kim