Monday, April 6, 2009

Mailbox Monday

It has been a few weeks since I've had a Mailbox Monday post - I've been cutting back on the books I'm bringing into my house because, seriously, it's getting out of control. However, I have received a few in the past couple of weeks, and thought maybe a monthly Mailbox would be appropriate.












Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter
- this came from my good friend Marcia. She's so generous with her books, and I am looking forward to reading this novel about a woman trying to figure out how to put the pieces of her perfect life back together.










The Walking People by Mary Beth Keane
- I've been really cutting back on my requests, but when I saw the description for this novel, about the experiences of an Irish girl who immigrates to the US, I couldn't resist.












Sunnyside Blues by Mary Carter
- sent to me by the author, this book about the journey of a woman and a 10-year-old boy sounds like a great read.















All Other Nights by Dara Horn - from LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program, this is a Civil War novel with an interesting twist.













Gentle Infidel by Lawrence Schoonover
- sent by the author's grandson who is re-printing the author's novels. I received this, as well as Queen's Cross. I can't resist a good historical. =)









So that's my haul for the past few weeks. What found it's way into your mailbox? Stop by The Printed Page to see what other lucky bloggers received.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

some nice books here. Gentle Infidel sounds really interesting.

I have stopped accepting ARC's, well almost, unless I absolutely cannot resist it. I am planning to drastically reduce my TBR pile before accepting any :)

Blodeuedd said...

The Irish emigrant book sounds good.
Have fun reading :D

My own little mailbox is up too

bermudaonion said...

You got some great looking books. I got The Walking People too.

Serena said...

The Walking People sounds like a great book. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Kristen said...

I got The Walking People too. You have a couple of others that look pretty intriguing as well: Sunnyside Blues and Gentle Infidel. Enjoy!

Anna said...

I received The Walking People, too. Enjoy your new books!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm looking forward to reading The Walking People.

Alyce said...

It's really hard not to request books, especially since it seems like there is always a ton of interesting books being released.

The Book Resort said...

Enjoy your books. My mailbox was full...
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/04/youve-got-treats.html

Wendi said...

I haven't read Mrs. Perfect yet, but I love Jane Porter's books that I have read so far!

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Jenners said...

Sounds like a good bunch ... thought I totally relate to the fact that I really don't need any more books at the moment! : )

Toni said...

This mailbox could be taken right off my wish list. Have fun!

Amy said...

I'm being similarly overwhelmed by books and am running out of room. But you got some good ones! and I hope you enjoy Mrs. Perfect!

Luanne said...

Some great books! I got Sunnyside Blues as well. Jane Porter is a fun light read. I looked at the Walking People too - it was just after I finished Galway Bay. Didn't ask for it though - must get pile under control....

Marcia said...

Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. I have some serious book envy going on here. You got 'All Other Nights'. Lucky girl!