Sunday, June 1, 2008

My first book challenge!


I have so far resisted the urge to join every book challenge I read about, but today I've given in, and I will be joining The Daring Book Challenge. The idea is to read selections from the recommended reading list found in The Daring Book for Girls. There are 3 ways to participate, and I have chosen option #2, which is to read 9 selections from all categories of the reading list between 6/15/08 and 6/15/09. The books I have chosen are:

Marjorie Morningstar - Herman Wouk
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
The Giver - Lois Lowry
The Earthsea Trilogy - Ursula K. LeGuin
National Velvet - Enid Bagnold
Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson
The Illyrian Adventure series - Lloyd Alexander
The Good Earth - Pearl Buck
My Side of the Mountain - Jean Craighead George

I specifically picked selections I have not read before, and a bunch of them are books I already own, so killing several birds with one stone. There is also an ongoing challenge to read all the books on the list, which I will probably take part in as well. I'm excited, but also worried that this will be just the beginning of going totally overboard on book challenges - we'll see what happens.

No comments: