Boy, I must be popular! I was tagged TWICE - once by Karen and once by Jackie
to take part in the 6 Things meme. So, here goes - 6 random things about me.
1. When I was growing up, my parents NEVER took me to the doctor. Seriously, never. I didn't get my first antibiotic until I was in college. We drank a glass of orange juice every morning with breakfast, and if we didn't feel good we had to wait 3 days to see if we got better. I don't really know if we just had really good immune systems, or if orange juice is just a miracle drug, but we never had to go to the doctor.
2. In junior high and high school, I was obsessed with making lists. I would make elaborate, unnecessary lists for anything I could think of. I was also obsessed with creating family trees for families that didn't exist.
3. I tried to teach myself how to read tarot cards, because it seemed cool at the time, but it never worked for me. For some reason I couldn't keep the meanings straight in my head.
4. In college, I almost converted to Mormonism because I thought I was in love with a Mormon missionary. He asked me to wait for him until he was done with his mission, and I said I would. However, the deeper I got into learning about his religion, the more I understood that I could never fully accept it. He was incredibly supportive throughout my entire learning process, but when it came right down to it, we were not ever going to be able to make it work. He was a great guy, and I'm sure a wonderful husband to someone today.
5. Someday, I would love to own my own bookstore. I worked in one for a while in college, and it was the best job of my life.
6. No matter what I am doing, I would pretty much always rather be at my own house, reading a book. (probably not a big surprise to most of the people reading this!) =)
Alright, so here's how it works:
Link to the person who tagged you in your blog post
Write your six random things
List the rules somewhere in your blog post
Tag 6 more lucky people to join in the fun
Let them know they've been chosen by commenting on their blog
Let the person who tagged you know that you've posted your entry
Since it's quite possible that I am the last person in the blogosphere to participate in this, my apologies to anyone I tag who has played this game already. Here's my list:
Books on the Brain
Heaps of Little Things
A Writer's Pen
Breaking the Fourth Wall
From My Bookshelf
My Friend Amy