Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

"By the time I reached the carriage stand, I was beginning to have serious doubts that I could get back to the Gypsy camp without creating so much of a fuss that the entire world would know I had gone. But I'd come this far. Now I just had to find the driver who would take me."

(From The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap, page 75)

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should be Reading - head over and check it out!

7 comments:

Beth F said...

Now that *does* sound intriguing. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good one!!

Wendi said...

Oh - it sounds like fun - when does the story take place? I would guess 1800's?

Here's my Teaser! I'm also giving away 15 galley copies of this book via the publisher, so stop by and see if you want to enter! :) ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I'd like. I look forward to seeing your review.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hadn't heard of this book. Thanks for the teaser!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, look forward to your review to find out a bit more.

Jenners said...

Definitely makes me want to know more!