What?? Bonus points for everyone who knows already what NaJuReMoNoMo means. I'm choosing to believe that this is just a month-long celebration of my birthday! =)
For those who are still in the dark, January is National Just Read More Novels Month. Isn't that great? There's a challenge set up for it here,
which of course I am joining. It's pretty simple - read a novel, you're a winner. What could be better? Here are the OFFICIAL rules:
- Only Novels Count. This means no non-fiction books, memoirs, short stories, essay collections, or books based on internet memes like LOLcats. The judge is out on graphic novels. It's your call.
- Memoirs Don’t Count. Even if they are fictional. And especially if they are fake memoirs about the Holocaust.
- It Can’t Be A Novel You Have Already Read. Expand your horizons. Try some new authors.
- You Must Start At The Beginning. If the book is on your nightstand, you have to start over. We are looking at January 1 to January 31. That is 31 days. We are on a deadline.
- Have Fun. This a lark. You wouldn't be reading if you didn't enjoy it.
One book wins you a blue Winner badge, three wins a green, five wins a silver, and ten wins a gold. My goal is a Silver Winner badge - wouldn't that look nice on my sidebar?
Even if you are not a book blogger, I'd love to encourage you to join us this month. If you read a novel, let me know - I'll have a celebration post at the end of the month for anyone who participates with me and comments about it. Besides, don't we all need another good excuse to relax and read a good book?