Monday, November 10, 2008

Mailbox Monday




Welcome Monday, once again - I have to say Mailbox Monday is one of the highlights of an otherwise usually pretty crappy day. Let's see what arrived this week.









Six new books found their way to me this week.

Three arrived from bookswapping sites:



The Book of Saints by Nino Ricci
- I fell in love with this author after reading his novel Testament. This is the first book in a trilogy, and I can't wait to fall in love with it also.

The Coelura by Anne McCaffrey
- another author I'm in love with, because of her Pern series. Hope I like this one as well.

The Wars by Timothy Findley
- I seem to be collecting books by this author, though to be honest I'm pretty sure I haven't read one yet. Hope I'm happy when I finally get around to him...



Three others arrived to be reviewed:



Tightrope: Six Centuries of a Jewish Dynasty by Michael Karpin
- from Cynthia, my new favorite publicist. *grin* This sounds really interesting.

The Darcys and the Bingleys: A Tale of Two Gentlemen's Marriages to Two most Devoted Sisters by Marsha Altman
- sent to me by the author. I've poked around her website, and I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
- review book for Bookloons.com. I am just so excited to read this!!



So, all in all not a bad week! If you'd like to see more of Mailbox Monday, visit Marcia at The Printed Page and see what the rest of the lucky suckers hauled in this week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You've got the new Wally Lamb book! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what you think of it.

Anna said...

I'm looking forward to your review of the new Wally Lamb book as well! Can't wait to read that one!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, jealous, jealous that you got the Wally Lamb book -- looking forward to your review!

Shana said...

I've always wanted to read Wally Lamb but never have. So I'm a little envious of that one too!

Shana
Literarily

Cathy said...

I'm very interested to see what you think of the newest Wally Lamb!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. One of the books you got should be just the thing to cheer you up. :-) Or, you can always dive into the ever growing TBR pile for a spot of cheer.