Monday, August 11, 2008

Mailbox Monday


It's that time again - time for me to report on my inability to stop acquiring books. It was a rather successful week in my quest to own every book in the world - here's the haul:


These are all ARC's I apparently requested, although there are a couple I honestly don't remember. Sweetsmoke is a LibraryThing Early Reviewer Book, so I will try to get to it fairly quickly. Acedia and Me by Kathleen Norris and The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell are very exciting - they are two of my favorite non-fiction authors, and I've read a lot of their work already.
When We Were Romans has been getting a lot of buzz, so I'm excited to get into that one. The last three - The Necklace, The Shiniest Jewel, and The Terminal Spy, I don't actually remember requesting, which leads my to believe I might be getting a little out of control with this whole process. We'll see what happens with those - I'm a little skeptical about whether or not I will actually enjoy them. And now for the second round:




These are all from one of the bookswapping sites that I am addicted to. I actually do excercise a little bit of self-control there - I only request books that I've already read and loved, or books that have been recommended to me that my library doesn't carry. However, they do seem to be stacking up as well. I think I might truly be addicted to acquiring more books - thank heavens it's not dangerous to my health, because I don't think I'm going to be able to stop!

Thanks to Marcia at The Printed Page for hosting this again this week. What did you get in your mailbox? Share with us - it's almost like therapy!

6 comments:

avisannschild said...

OOOh I'm jealous that you got Kathleen Norris' latest book! (She's also one of my favourite non-fic authors.) I requested it too, but I don't think I'll be getting it since I live in Canada. I'm looking forward to reading your review!

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I am the same way with books I keep getting more then I can read. To many books I want to read!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I was happy to get Wordy Shipmates - I loved Assasination Vacation.

Andi said...

Woo! I've never read Sarah Vowell, but she's one of those authors I'm really interested in trying out.

Enjoy your goodies!

Anonymous said...

How do you get advanced release books other than the early reviewer ones? I'm addicted to getting more books despite the fact that I will never be able to read them all lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth~

I stopped by to tell you I love the new blog look. Also, keep an on your mailbox.