Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What's Making Me Happy This Week - 9/21/16

Andi, the fabulous blogger behind Estella's Revenge, is one of the first people I ever "met" in the internet book world. We were part of a Yahoo group together - anyone else remember when those were a thing? I remember when she started her blog. I watched her take over and rock the leadership of Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. She's one of those people I feel like I know, even though we've never met in real life.

A couple of weeks ago, Andi started a new adventure - Wrecking Ball Designs. It's an Etsy shop with hand-drawn stickers, book plates, washi strips, and lots of fun. At about the same time, I realized I was out of my supply of personalized book plates, and I contacted her. Less than 48 hours later, she'd sent me the designs for two book plates I loved, and they were in my hands within a week.


She took my partially-formed ideas and created me the exact thing I was hoping for but couldn't really express. I absolutely love them.




So what's making me happy this week - new, fun bookish goodies, and watching a friend launch a new chapter.

Visit Andi's Etsy shop at Wrecking Ball Designs - she's been teasing a sticker pack based on one of my FAVORITE books, The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern. I cannot wait to get my hands on it!!!



(Disclaimer - I purchased these goodies with my own money, and they are worth every penny.)

4 comments:

Kailana said...

Those are great!!

Jenny @ Reading the End said...

Love this! Andi's so talented and great -- thanks for sharing!!

Kristen M. said...

Do you put bookplates in all of your books? I haven't used them yet but have been thinking about finding some special ones or maybe a stamp for my favorite books. I'm not entirely sure I even want to do that though! Ugh! ;)

Elizabeth said...

@Kailana - I love them!

@Jenny - I've already placed my second order!

@Kristen - I put them in all the books I intend to keep. But then, I'm a margin writer/highlighter/etc, so keeping my books pristine isn't really how I roll. ;)