Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The State of the Stacks - Dog Days of Summer Read-a-thon edition



I will be participating in the Dog Days of Summer Read-a-Thon hosted by the fabulous ladies at the Estella Society, and I thought it might be fun to take a look at the book stack I've prepared for this event.


The purpose of the event is a weekend of reading fun, fluffy books -specifically books you read as a teen. Now, I missed a lot of the typical "teen" fare when I was growing up - too busy reading the Austens and Brontes, so I thought it would be fun to go back and catch up on some of the stuff I missed as a youngster.

So here's what I have on deck -

Witch World by Christopher Pike - I know this author has been around since I was a teen, but I think this is his newest release. Oh well - it will still give me a taste.


The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - I've actually seen this movie, and thought it was cute enough to want to read the book at some point. Now's the time!

Heart to Heart by Lurlene McDaniel - I know I read something by McDaniel growing up - she's the author where someone always dies, right? But I feel like a "teen read" weekend wouldn't be complete without SOMETHING by her.




Looking for Alaska by John Green - so technically NOT from when I was a teen, but since I was only so-so on the one book of his I've read, I wanted to give him another shot.

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L.J. Smith - Oh, come on, of course I'm going to read this. The darn tv show is one of my guilty pleasures.

Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume - I honestly don't think I've ever read a Judy Blume novel. Kinda amazing, really.

My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews - because how could I NOT include the queen of the cheesy teen horror novel genre. Also, I've never read anything she's written, so it fits.



Okay friends - what should I read first? I am fairly certain I won't get through all these in one weekend - I do still have 2 year olds to wrangle- so I want opinions on what I definitely shouldn't miss!!


No comments: