Monday, August 19, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Sign up and Goals

Okay, friends, I'm taking the plunge -  


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team



I'm riding a bit of a high from having so much fun during the Dog Days of Summer Read-a-Thon, so I thought I'd try to keep the momentum going and sign up for this event. Since the goal seems to be to challenge MYSELF, it seemed like a great fit.


The Bout of Books hosts encourage participants to set goals for the week, pushing themselves to read more than they normally would during that week. I'm using the goals template found at the Bout of Books website -  it's quick and easy, and hits all the main points.


Goals for the Week -


Time Devoted to Reading -

I want to try and read 1 and 1/2 hours each day. This will be a stretch, but I think it's possible.

My Goals -

I can normally finish 1-2 books per week, depending on their length and level of intensity. I'd like to push myself to finish 3 books this week - 2 lighter reads, and 1 more serious - as well as finishing the audiobook I'm currently about 1/3 of the way through.


Books to Read -

Witch World by Christopher Pike
The Meryl Streep Movie Club by Mia March
Harvest by Jim Crace
The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle by L.J. Smith (audiobook)




So there we go - now it's time to stop blogging and start reading!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great TBR list. I have The Myryl Streep Movie Club on my shelf. I am looking forward to seeing what you think. Best of luck with your reading goals.
-Dilettantish Reader