Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shelf Discovery Challenge


From the challenge sign-up:


SHELF DISCOVERY is a "reading memoir" which features over 70 MG and YA classics with Ms. Skurnick's unique impressions. There are also essays about these classics written by current women writers including Meg Cabot, Laura Lippman, Cecily von Ziegesar, and Jennifer Weiner.

Details:

The Shelf Discovery Challenge will run for six months (November 1, 2009 - April 30, 2010). To join me in this challenge, all you need to do is grab a copy of SHELF DISCOVERY and pick out what six books you want to read (of course, you can read more than six!) Then, after you read a book, just write a "book report" to share your thoughts with others!

Here's my list:

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan
In Summer Light by Zibby ONeal
The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken (2/4/10, 8/10)
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews


I tried to pick at least one book from each section, and mostly books I didn't read as a kid - I think this sounds like a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Julie P. said...

YAY! Thanks for joining! I am so excited too and it almost seems unfair to limit ourselves to six books!

bermudaonion said...

I think this is going to be fun too. Good luck!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

This is going to be a fun challenge. Here are my picks.

Melissa said...

I was going through a box last night and found my copy of Tiger Eyes. I can't even tell you how many times I've read that book!