Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Today's question is:

Got this idea from Literary Feline during her recent contest:

“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”


Well. I have quite a few, actually. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe, from the Anne of Green Gables series, is probably my all-time favorite. They were so clearly meant to be together, and reading about their relationship was such great fun - I mean, she broke a slate over his head, for goodness' sakes! =) Jehane and Ammar, from The Lions of Al-Rassan, probably just because I love the book so much. Each time I read it I cry, and this strong, brave couple's relationship forms the backbone of the novel. Christine and The Phantom, from The Phantom of the Opera, because I'm a sucker for doomed love, and it doesn't get much more doomed than this. Marguerite and Sir Percy, from The Scarlet Pimpernel, because I love when they rediscover their true love for each other. Anne and Wentworth, from Persuasion, because it's my favorite Austen novel, and because as much as I love doomed love, I love true love triumphing even more.


Want to join in the Thursday fun? Stop by and leave your post here.

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I do love the Anne of Green Gables series, but I chose another.

sunnymum said...

I love Anne and Gilbert too, and now I can't think of any other ones...