Friday, July 15, 2016

The State of the Stacks - 7/15/16

The Best American Essays, 1990 - edited by Justin Kaplan

I collect these books, because I think they sound like such a good idea, and then never get around to reading them. So, this year, I'm going to start reading them. From my shelves.

















The Twelve by Justin Cronin

A re-read, because I have the third and final in the trilogy which just came out this spring. I have enjoyed the first two novels very much, and I'm looking forward to completing the story. From my shelves.














Resistance: A Woman's Journal of Struggle and Defiance in Occupied France by Agnes Humbert


My current non-fiction read. From my shelves.
















Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver


On loan from my mom. I'll be seeing her in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to return this to her then.
















What's on your nightstand??

1 comment:

Jenny @ Reading the End said...

Oh let's draw a veil over my nightstand and focus on yours instead. :p I cannot vouch for the Best American Essays, but I will say that I have never regretted a moment spent on the Best American Science and Nature Writing, which I try to read every year. If I hear a good report from you on Best American Essays, I'll probably try those next. The science ones are a good way to inform myself shallowly on a wide range of topics I wouldn't otherwise encounter, which is why I love them. Plus they sometimes put me onto new authors!