Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dewey's Readathon!



I'm taking the plunge! I'm going to participate as a reader for the first time ever in Dewey's Readathon!

It's hard to believe this will be my first year ever as a reader - I've been a cheerleader in previous years, but it never quite worked out for me to be a reader. Now, in all honesty, I won't be able to read for the entire 24 hours. I solo parent on weekends while my husband is at work, so my free time is definitely limited. BUT - I have decided that whatever time I have when I don't HAVE to be doing something else, I'm going to be reading. Will it be perfect? Nope. But it will be fun!

I even have a book stack all ready -



I've been paying attention to suggestions from seasoned Readathon veterans, so I have a few books by authors I already know I love; a couple of books of short stories; a couple of YA novels; and if none of these strike my fancy, I'll just pick up something else. I know I'll never get to read ALL these books during the Readathon, but it will be nice to have some good choices.

If you don't know what the Readathon is, you can find out more info here. I'm so excited to be joining everyone this year! Bring it on!


1 comment:

Kristen M. said...

I hadn't realized that you've never joined as a reader before. I'll look forward to reading with you tomorrow! Yay!