Tuesday, September 2, 2014

RIP IX




I know, I know - I've barely returned to blogging and here I am signing up for challenges. But, you see, THIS IS WHY I'M RETURNING TO BLOGGING. Because I KNEW I would want to do this!!

RIP is a great way to ease myself into fall - what is this, you ask?

Carl, the RIP leader, says this -

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.
That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.
As time has wound on I’ve honed this event down to two simple rules:
1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

I think I can handle that. I will be participating in 

which just means reading 4 books that fit into the RIP categories between now and October 31. No problem. I'd also like to complete

because I've kinda been enjoying short stories lately.

Options for me this year include:
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Advent by James Treadwell
The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

And, really, whatever else grabs my fancy - it's a pretty wide and inclusive challenge. Want to join me and lots of other readers? Sign up here!

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Have fun!

Kristen M. said...

Awesome list! I picked up Advent the other day but decided to save it until later in the challenge. I think I might start my Thirteenth Tale reread soon though!

DesLily said...

wow I can't believe so many people are choosing The Thirteenth Tale! I've read it 3 times! I hope you enjoy it!! lots of unexpected shocks in it! lol

Unknown said...

I really liked your post about RIP IX

Literary Feline said...

Woohoo for R.I.P.! I am excited about participating this year too.

I really enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale and hope you will too if you read it.